[Ipe-discuss] TikZ exporter ipelet

Joe Rabinoff rabinoff at math.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 6 17:42:06 CEST 2016

Hi Otfried,

> I will rename my "tikz.isy" to "tikz-shapes.isy", since that is all it
> currently does:  Define styles for labels so that they will be drawn
> inside a nice Tikz node.

Ok, thanks.

> One idea would be to have an option to export not into a separate
> document, but to create a text object containing the tikzpicture.  One
> could also select some objects, call the ipelet, and it would replace
> the objects by a single text object that creates the same drawing in
> Tikz.

Ha!  Now that is an interesting workflow.  I'll see what I can do.

> I personally do all my Tikz work in Ipe now - especially using the
> "Apply" button on the "Edit text" dialog, you can immediately see the
> output when you make changes to the Tikz code.

That does sound useful too.  I'll give it a try.

By the way, do you have a suite of test files I can play with?  I ran the
exporter against some of the material on the Showcase page of the Wiki, but
that's not terribly systematic.

Best,
Joe