[Ipe-discuss] Tangent Lines

Andrew Martchenko andrew.martchenko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 15:38:57 CEST 2016

Hi Otfried,

I decided to take your advice from facebook and I wrote my own ipelet to
draw tangent segments from a primary selected marker or circle to all
other selected markers and circles (see attached ipelet).

The ipelet works quite well, but I would like to improve it by having
some of the line segments be selected after the ipelet executes.
Specifically in my case, their can be up to four line segments that are
tangent to two circles (see attached pdf for example), the segments that
cross one another are rarely useful (to me) and I would like them to be
selected so that I can easily delete all such segments with a click of a
button. Is this something that can be done with an ipelet??

Also, if anyone by chance reads the code, I would appreciate some
feedback as this is my first lua program and I'm sure there are many
things that can be done more efficiently.

Cheers,

Andrew M.