[Ipe-discuss] IpePresenter not showing LaTeX rendered results

Lukas Barth lists at tinloaf.de
Sun Jan 31 21:35:57 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm using a current IpePresenter straight from the repository compiled
against the latest Ipe 7.2.2. Because of my system (Gentoo has ancient
lua...) I needed to do some manual compiling and to fix some of the
Makefiles, but I'm pretty sure I did not break anything in the process.

Now, when I fire up IpePresenter, PdfLatex is run (at least the console
tells me it is...), but the two windows (actually - all three canvases)
only show the non-rendered content. I tried sprinkling a few
"doc->runLatex()" over the code of IpePresenter, but that did not help
either.

I have an old version of IpePresenter lying around, compiled agains Ipe
7.1.x, and with that version, it works great (but all PNG images look
awful - I guess the scaling code changed between versions?) So,
something must have changed in the behaviour that interferes with Latex
rendering. Is there some magic I have to run after doc->runLatex() to
update the canvas?

Thank for any help,

Lukas