[Ipe-discuss] an easy way to delte a MARKS object?

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Apr 20 11:29:20 CEST 2016

> Thanks. This works., but it is not really easy to use (much better
> than what I was doing ofcourse). The problem is that I do not
> see what is being selected while holding the mouse down and clicking
> on the space bar untill I release the mouse to see which one was
> selected(i.e. its which one had its color became red). So if one
> has this setup
>
>           text here
>    -----------o-------------
>              text here
>
> now putting the mouse on the dot, and holding the mouse down, now
> hitting on the space bar, I do not see which of the four object
> was "picked" up with each space bar hit, since the color do not change
> to red until the mouse is relased.

Actually Ipe highlights the currently "tentatively" selected object in
cyan.  As you press the space bar, the highlight changes between the
objects close enough.  Look closely - perhaps it's not so visible as
it's a single-width line (not double width as for the primary
selection).

Another easy way to select a mark is to drag a small rectangle over the
mark position.  Since this only selects objects that are fully within
the rectangle, it's quite easy to single out the mark.