[Ipe-discuss] simplify path feature?

Philipp Kindermann philipp.kindermann at uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Apr 13 19:41:33 CEST 2016

Hi Jason et al,

I added two options to the ipelet: an option to convert a path to a
close "spline" (it substitutes each line segment by a cubic Bezier curve
with common tangents) and an option to directly simplify a given path to
such a. I hope that it works well enough for your needs.

Best,
Philipp

Am 12.04.2016 um 21:00 schrieb Jason Miller:
> Dear Philipp,
>
> Thanks, this looks great!  Is it difficult to have it convert the
> segments into splines at the very end?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jason
>

>> On Apr 12, 2016, at 7:49 PM, Philipp Kindermann
>> <philipp.kindermann at uni-wuerzburg.de
>> <mailto:philipp.kindermann at uni-wuerzburg.de>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I wrote a small ipelet that hopefully does what you need. For a
>> selected path, it lets you input a tolerance on the distance between
>> points and then removes vertices on the path that are too close. You
>> can find it here:
>> https://github.com/PhKindermann/ipe-simplify
>> Note that it's my first ipelet so the code is a bit messy and there
>> will be bugs (e.g. it does not work for splines), but I hope that it
>> does the job for now.
>>
>> Best,
>> Philipp

Dr. Philipp Kindermann