[Ipe-discuss] simplify path feature?

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:46:45 CEST 2016

Jason, you might want the algorithm to be a bit smarter: to pay attention
to spacing of points, for example, and adapt the number of points discarded
accordingly; and (more importantly) to keep more points, or most extreme
points ("corners") at locations where the curve direction changes rapidly.
But I agree, that even the simplest version you outline would be a good
addition, and the rest would just be refinement.

Surely there are already algorithms out there someplace to do this, that
would simply need to be incorporated into an ipelet?  Not sure where to
track such a thing down, though.

-- Nathaniel