[Ipe-discuss] IPE 7.1.8 and El Capitan

J M Babin (jbabin) jbabin at memphis.edu
Thu Oct 8 21:11:58 CEST 2015

Hello, I am a long time IPE user trying to install the latest version 7.1.8 onto a brand new Mac iBook Air running El Capitan. I consistently get the error “pdflatex not found” when trying to use LaTex code inside IPE. My Tex editor, TexStudio, works and compiles to .pdf fine. I suspect El Capitan has a security that no longer allows IPE to send to its temp file.

I have IPE 7.1.4 installed on one machine running OS X 10.10.5 and have never had issues. I have scoured Google for a solution to this problem, to no avail. I clueless as to how to use the IPELATEXDIR variable listed in the manual (assuming this will solve my issue).  Is there a sequence of commands or a procedure posted online I might use to fix this issue? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thx, Jobu
<https://instagram.com/uofmemphis>