[Ipe-discuss] newbie questions - searching archives?

David Topham dtopham at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 18:37:30 CEST 2015

Hello, I am a newbie to IPE and like what I see so far!  I thought my first
few questions could be found by searching these archives, but don't see how
to do that? Is there a way besides browsing random "threads"?
I did try google searches and have read the manual...

Question:
I saved my first drawing as EPS and then opened that in a editor. I see
lots of "def"s in there which make it pretty hard to see the raw postscript
produced. Is there any way to convert the eps that ipe produces into
something more like you might write manually using postscript directly?

i.e. No unreadable binary and no defs for typical ops.
e.g. Here is a postscript file to draw a line:

newpath
144 72 moveto
144 432 lineto
stroke
showpage

but this is not what I see if I let IPE produce a line drawing...