[Ipe-discuss] making an ipelet for changing a straight line into a wave...

Jens Henrik Nielsen jhn at byg.dtu.dk
Tue Jul 7 11:38:28 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I have been using Ipe for some years now and now I wanted to move further and try to make a small ipelet which could be helpful in my daily work.

I plan/hope to make an ipelet which can change a straight line into a wave like line by:

1)      Extract the coordinates to the end-points of the curve

2)      Add control points suitable locations between the end-points

3)      Draw a Bezier curve using the control points

4)      Remove the straight line.

Since I'm quite new in this I was wondering if somebody could help me in the right direction? Right now I'm struggling just with extracting the coordinates for the end-points so just to get me started on that would be helpful.

Best regards,
Jens