[Ipe-discuss] ipe on Windows with TeXLive on Cygwin

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Mon Aug 17 04:35:22 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015, at 23:38, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:
> I have Ipe 7.1.8 for/on Windows 7.  I also have Cygwin with a TeXlive
> 2015 installation.
> But I can't make ipe work with this TeXlive.  It insists that it can't
> find "pdflatex".
> I tried adding c:\cygwin64\bin to the Windows PATH, but it doesn't help.

I don't see any reason why this should not work, but you probably need
to investigate more systematically.

1) Open a Windows Command shell (Windows+R and type CMD), and check that
you can run "pdflatex".

I've just tried this on my Windows computer:  In a CMD shell, I can run
\cygwin\bin\ls without adding anything to my path.

2) Once you have this working, go to the Ipe Latex directory (check Help
-> Show configuration - In my case this is
C:\Users\otfried\AppData\Local\Ipe).   This directory will contain a
batch file "runlatex.bat".  Check that you can execute this batch file
from a Windows command shell.