[Ipe-discuss] how to: different fonts in the same file

Carsten Weise realtimecarsten at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 21:04:45 CET 2014

Hi Otfried,

so I tried a very small latex example:
----
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{libertine}
\usepackage{dejavu}
\begin{document}
This is a very simple document. The first paragraph should use dejavu as
font.

{\fontencoding{T1}\fontfamily{libertine}\selectfont
OK, we fill this with a little more content. So this is the second
paragraph in this document. This should be in libertine.
}

\end{document}
---

This works well with pdflatex. However, trying the same in ipe yields a
"error occured during pdflatex run".
How can one see what error ocurred with pdflatex? I do not get anything
else than this message, there is no output on the commandline.

When running pdflatex with my example, I will get a warning "LaTeX Font
Warning: Font shape `T1/libertine/m/n' undefined". Could this be a problem
with ipe?

When I remove \selectfont, the problem goes away, but of course also the
font will not be selected.

/Carsten