[Ipe-discuss] PDF image import

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Mar 19 05:29:07 CET 2014

On 17/03/14 19:03, Jerzy Wrobel wrote:
> Or, I use pgfplots latex package (together with standalone package) via:
> ..
> local textex="tex"
> local texpdf="tex.pdf"
> local tmpeps="ipelet.ps"
> local tmppdf="ipelet.pdf"
> local tmpipe="ipelet.ipe"
> local ret
> ret=_G.os.execute("pdflatex -quiet -job-name=" .. textex .. " " .. file)
> ret=_G.os.execute("pdf2ps " .. texpdf .. " " .. tmpeps)
> ret=_G.os.execute("pstoedit -f pdf " .. tmpeps .. " " .. tmppdf)
> ret=_G.os.execute("pdftoipe " .. tmppdf .. " ".. tmpipe)
> ..
> The advantage is, that in GLE or pgfplots scripts you can select the same
> Latex fonts as in Ipe, which gives you indistinguishable (and to much
> extend editable) insert.

Actually, if you use pgfplots, you may not need pdftoipe at all.

I just checked that you can simply insert a basic pgfplot inside an Ipe
text object.  It is not correctly displayed on the screen, but appears
just fine on the resulting PDF.

I didn't know about pgfplots before.  This is quite neat, I will speed
up work on getting Ipe to fully support pgf and tikz graphics (inside
text objects).

Cheers,
  Ofried