[Ipe-discuss] Problem with ipe 7.1.4.

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Sat Jun 28 15:02:15 CEST 2014

First of all, you should never run ipe with sudo.  It is never
necessary, and Ipe is not designed for security when run as root.

Second, IPELATEXDIR normally doesn't need to be set.  By default, it's
$HOME/.ipe/latexrun, and this is the directory where Ipe will save a
tempory latex file and where it will process this file.  You set it to a
directory that is not normally writable, but by running Ipe with sudo
you allowed Ipe to clutter your system directories.  Not a good idea.

Please unset IPELATEXDIR, then go to $HOME/.ipe/latexrun, and check that
ipetemp.tex is there.  Check that you can correctly process it manually
by saying 'pdflatex ipetemp.tex'.