[Ipe-discuss] Transformation Matrix - coordinate system?

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Fri Dec 19 13:14:51 CET 2014

On 19/12/14 20:46, Lukas Barth wrote:
> I'm currently trying to to build some Python/JavaScript combination that
> will render simple Ipe figures into SVGs, basically. This is more or
> less straightforward so far, but I have trouble figuring out the
> coordinate system used for the transformation matrix that can be applied
> to all objects.

The documentation for the Matrix is here:

http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/classipe_1_1_matrix.html

In particular, the six numbers are the six arguments of the Matrix
constructor:

Matrix (double m11, double m21, double m12, double m22, double t1,
double t2)

m11 m21 m12 m22 form a 2x2 matrix M, t1 and t2 a translation vector t,
and the matrix represents the transformation x -> Mx + t.