[Ipe-discuss] prefs.editor_size ignored?

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Thu Oct 10 02:01:14 CEST 2013

On 10/10/2013 01:52 AM, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> I'm trying to change the default size of the editor dialog that pops up
> when editing text objects. However, it seems that the size is totally
> unaffected by the settings. If I change other settings in the same file
> (e.g. prefs.auto_external_editor), it works just fine.
>
> For example, I tried
> prefs.editor_size = { 60, 20 }
> and
> prefs.editor_size = { 1200, 600 }
> without any apparent effect.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

This setting was introduced for the native Windows UI, and doesn't do
anything in the Qt build.  I have now changed it for the next version to
set the minimum dialog size in Qt as well - however, this will not make
the window smaller than the default, if that's what you want to achieve?

> Related to that: is there a way to automatically close the editor dialog
> when the external editor returns? I was using prefs.auto_external_editor
> = true for a while, but always having to close both the editor and then
> the dialog became a bit annoying.

There's no such option now, but it is easy to add, and I'll do so for
the next version.