[Ipe-discuss] prefs.editor_size ignored?

Nikolaus Rath nrath at trialphaenergy.com
Wed Oct 9 18:52:54 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to change the default size of the editor dialog that pops up
when editing text objects. However, it seems that the size is totally
unaffected by the settings. If I change other settings in the same file
(e.g. prefs.auto_external_editor), it works just fine.

For example, I tried
prefs.editor_size = { 60, 20 }
and
prefs.editor_size = { 1200, 600 }
without any apparent effect.

Am I doing something wrong?

Related to that: is there a way to automatically close the editor dialog
when the external editor returns? I was using prefs.auto_external_editor
= true for a while, but always having to close both the editor and then
the dialog became a bit annoying.

Thanks for ipe!

Best,
Nikolaus