[Ipe-discuss] Make a banner in presentation.isy

by liu liubenyuan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 07:38:12 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I am currently tweaking the presentation.isy for making PPT using ipe.
However I found that IPE could not display the graphic (.pdf) file, the
attachment code is given in the end of the email.

There are also two problem related with making presentation slide using ipe:

1. I used do presentation using PPT, there is a master template (the first
page of .ppt) and a main template (the mainbody of .ppt) . How could I
tweak the presentation.isy to manually insert some **field** in the master
and main template ? i.e., just like the function of \PageTitle. So in this
way, we can customize and distribute many user-contributed presentation
styles for the ipe community, that pertains a fancy (or monocolored)
background and the content area. I think the example given in the wikipage
of ipe, Mlcm-talk.pdf, is great, which is also the file that I want to
mimic. However I could not open it using ipe-7.1.4 windows.

2. How could I set up the default graphic folders **related** to the main
file ? i.e., I have lots of drawings created by ipe(.pdf) and matlab (.eps)
in two separate folders, I think a \includegraphics{file} might be a direct
method in achieving this. However this command only insert a image place
holder, the image content could not be displayed.

my presentation style file is attached.

Best!

Liubenyuan

-------- below is the buggy code failed to insert a University banner in
the Background symbol --------

<symbol name="Background" xform="yes">

<text pos="-32 0" stroke="black" size="foot">

\begin{minipage}{800pt}

\vspace*{1em}\centering

\begin{minipage}{600pt}\LARGE

\textcolor{dgray}{

{\bf Liu Benyuan}~~$\cdot$~~{\bf The Automatic Target Recognition (ATR)
Laboratory}~\hfill$\cdot$\hfill~{\bf NUDT}} \\

\textcolor{blue}{

\bf \@displaytitle\hfill \today{}}

\end{minipage}

%\includegraphics[height=40pt]{xh.pdf}