[Ipe-discuss] IPE not starting on Windows 8

John Threepwood john.threepwood at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 3 10:41:11 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I hope, this is the right place to discuss IPE issues.
If not, please let me know, where I can ask such technical questions.

Situation:
- My system: Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit
- IPE 7.1.4 + IPE 7.0.0 dependencies  downloaded and unzipped
- Starting ipe.exe I get the error message:
"The program can't start because mingwm10.dll is missing from your
computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
- Therefore I installed MinGW and set the c:\MinGW\bin path to my
environment.
- Starting ipe.exe I now get the error message:
"The procedure entry point _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii could not be
located in the dynamic library D:\Programs\IPE\ipe-7.1.4\bin\ipe.exe"

Does anybody have the same issue or know how to solve it?

Thank you, John