[Ipe-discuss] pdflatex problems with OS X mountain lion

Thon, Michael m.thon at jacobs-university.de
Tue Feb 12 16:45:07 CET 2013

This is apparently a path issue. Here the brief mail-exchange between Alejandro and I:

On Aug 22, 2012, at 10:51 PM, Alejandro Morales wrote:

Hello Michael,

Fixing the path to add where the pdflatex now is worked.

Thank you,

Alejandro
On Aug 22, 2012, at 4:48 PM, "Thon, Michael" <m.thon at jacobs-university.de<mailto:m.thon at jacobs-university.de>> wrote:

Hello,

are you running ipe from the command line (Terminal), or from the ipe application? Try running ipe from the command line. The point is that ipe calls pdflatex and assumes that this is in the current path. However, the path is not set for OSX applications. There is a workaround for this in the ipe app bundle, but things may have changed regarding path handling in OSX mountain lion.

Hope this helps (I can unfortunately only guess, since I only have OSX Lion).

Michael