[Ipe-discuss] Unable to draw arrow heads.

Venkataraman Subramaniam s_vraman at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 09:09:05 CEST 2012

I have problem drawing lines with arrow heads.
Looks like this is not a new problem and it is somehow connected to the locale
setting according to this:
I am using Ubuntu 11.04 and ipe configuration is

I am using Ipe 7.0.14
The output for the command `locale' in the terminal is

LANG=en_IN.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_IN:en
LC_CTYPE="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
LC_TIME="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_IN.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
What can be the problem? I notice that the LC_NUMERIC is appearing without quotes.
It could be because I set the local using the commands
venkat at venkat:~$ LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
venkat at venkat:~$ export LC_NUMERIC
venkat at venkat:~$ ipe
venkat at venkat:~$ locale
This was mentioned as a workaround in the bug report above.
Best regards,

S. Venkataraman
Associate Professor in Mathematics
School of Sciences