[Ipe-discuss] printing problem.

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Fri Jul 6 17:39:20 CEST 2012

On 07/06/2012 11:56 PM, Olivier Devillers wrote:
> If I have a picture with polygons filled with transparency
> or with pattern, the page does not print on
> HP Color LaserJet  5550dn
>
> (it print correctly on the black&  white printer, but those pretty
> pictures in black and white...)

How do you print them?  I assume the printer does not understand PDF
natively, so somewhere the file must be converted to Postscript.
Postscript doesn't actually have transparency - in principle, all
transparency must be flattened for the printer.   So it depends all a
lot on how this is being done by the printing process...