[Ipe-discuss] How can I intersect 2 shapes?

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Thu Nov 3 13:07:13 CET 2011

On 11/03/2011 08:58 PM, elwood151 wrote:
> according to the website (http://cgal-ipelets.gforge.inria.fr/) those
> ipelets do not work with IPE 7.x
> Is there a newer version anywhere?

This web page is outdated (as it clearly says) - the CGAL ipelets are
now inside CGAL, and as far as I know they work with Ipe 7.

> Or is there another way to intersect and join objects in IPE 7?

I guess that depends on what exactly you want to achieve.  Generally
speaking Ipe doesn't support Boolean operations on objects, but one can
often simulate intersections using clipping paths (which, as you
observed, are currently broken).  Unions can be simulated by composing
paths (this is also currently broken, for the same reason).