[Ipe-discuss] How to use clipping path in IPE 7.1.1?

elwood151 elwood151 at web.de
Thu Nov 3 12:47:11 CET 2011

I tried to use the clipping path to cut some parts of an object, but I can
not find the context menu command.

I created a group consisting of a circle and a rectangle,
draw a path as clipping path,
selected first the path and then the group
and do not see the "add clipping path" context menu command.

Screenshot:
Simple example
http://old.nabble.com/file/p32772148/Bildschirmfoto%2B2011-11-03%2Bum%2B12.38.33.png
Bildschirmfoto+2011-11-03+um+12.38.33.png

Example IPE file:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p32772148/test.ipe test.ipe

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

IPE 7.1.1 compiled on MacOS 10.6.8.

Second question: why can a clipping path only be added to a group and not to
a single object?

Kind regards, Martin