[Ipe-discuss] Save PDF file automatically when .ipe has changed?

Tim Hutt tdhutt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:03:49 CEST 2011

On 25 July 2011 09:38, elwood151 <elwood151 at web.de> wrote:

> For easier text editing it seems favorable to save ipe documents in the xml
> format *.ipe.
> However, then I always have to update the PDF file (with the same name)
> which shall be included in my LaTeX document.
>
> Is there a trick to create or update the PDF (same name and same path as
> .ipe) automatically when the .ipe is saved?

Set prefs.auto_export_xml_to_pdf in prefs.lua:

 -- Auto-exporting when document is being saved
-- if auto_export_only_if_exists is true, then the file will only
-- be auto-exported if a file with the target name already exists
prefs.auto_export_xml_to_eps = false
prefs.auto_export_xml_to_pdf = true
prefs.auto_export_eps_to_pdf = false
prefs.auto_export_pdf_to_eps = false