[Ipe-discuss] Find and replace text in IPE? Filter criteria for object selection?

elwood151 elwood151 at web.de
Sun Jul 24 22:40:12 CEST 2011

Is there a way to find and replace text (xml source  or "only" text contents
in labels, minipages, ...) directly from the GUI?

Sure, this could be done in the source text file *.ipe, however

a) I normally prefer to save my documents in IPE as PDF directly and edit
them later with IPE, as I then can directly see changes in my LaTeX document
(where those PDF pages are used with \includegraphics) and AFAIK it is not
possible access or change the XML information in the PDF directly (or is
it)?

b) If the IPE file is already open, changes on the source file on the disc
with another editor won't have effects on the file (and view) in IPE, or is
it possible to reload a file from disc, when it has changed there?

This could not only be useful to find and replace text, but also to select
elements with special search criteria, e. g. all paths which contain a
certain string.
I'm dreaming of a feature that lets me define such criteria to select all
corresponding objects, e. g. all objects with a certain dashstyle or color.

Kind regards

Martin