[Ipe-discuss] problem with Ipe window

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Mon Jan 3 16:45:10 CET 2011

On 01/03/2011 07:55 PM, Monique Teillaud wrote:
> Could be. Help/About Ipe says that I am using "The GUI toolkit Qt 4.4.1
> / 4.4.1", maybe I should upgrade...

Qt 4.4.1 is VERY old (and in fact Ipe 7 never worked perfectly with Qt
4.4 - see the install.txt).

>> What happens if you drag the "Properties" dock window out of the Ipe
>> window? Does it resize to correctly fit the buttons and path attributes?
>
> no, its size stays the same, it is fixed.

Before you can upgrade Qt, you could try to change the
PathView::sizeHint() in src/ipe/appui.cpp.  If you make the width
smaller, it might fit in the space that Qt somehow gives it and become
usable (though ugly).

You could also try to comment out the line:

   lo->setSizeConstraint(QLayout::SetFixedSize);

in the same file.