[Ipe-discuss] Transparency and pdftoipe

Arvind Ajoy arvindajoy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 20:00:10 CET 2011

Hello,

Thank you Dr. Otfried for this wonderful tool. I have been using Ipe
for all my scientific plotting/ presentations for over a year, and am
very happy with it.

At present, I am trying to include some pdfs generated using sketch3D
(http://www.frontiernet.net/~eugene.ressler/) into Ipe. Sketch3D uses
Tikz and pdflatex to draw. It includes support for transparency. Some
examples of sketch3D output are available at
http://www.fauskes.net/nb/introduction-to-sketch/. However, when I
convert the pdf to ipe using pdftoipe, I find that information
regarding transparency gets lost.

I use Ipe-7.0.10 available with Debian testing.

I also tried the following :
1. I ran pdftoipe on the file demonstrating transparency available
from the Ipe wiki,
http://lamut.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/mediawiki/ipe7/images/b/ba/Transparency2.pdf.
2. I find that the resulting .ipe file does not retain the information
regarding transparency.

Am I missing something in getting pdftoipe to retain transparency information?

I look forward to your views .

Regards

Arvind Ajoy

PhD student