[Ipe-discuss] Re: changing primary selection / restoring selection aufter UNDO.

Günter Rote rote at inf.fu-berlin.de
Sat Feb 19 23:04:37 CET 2011

>>> I think this is a good idea - it is simple to remember, and
>>> simple to implement too I guess.
>> It would be easy to change this, but I'm wondering if there won't be
>> many complaints.
>>
>> Ipe users tend to be quite conservative in their use of the mouse,
>> judging from the people who reverted Ipe 7 back to Ipe 6 behavior.

There are a few commands where one has to change the learned behavior,
like when selecting the objects for alignment etc. but this is no big
problem.
I'm in favor of changing.

On a related matter: When undoing an operation, say, after erroneously
rotating the selected objects instead of translating them; the selection
goes away completely.
(I therefore got to the habit of grouping all larger collections of
objects into a group, at least temporarily, before doing any operations
with them.)

It would be nice if the selection were restored on UNDO (or simply "kept").
-- Günter Rote