[Ipe-discuss] changing primary selection

"Maarten Löffler" mloffler at uci.edu
Fri Feb 18 22:45:15 CET 2011

> On 02/17/2011 01:58 PM, Zhengdao Wang wrote:
>> I think this is a good idea - it is simple to remember, and
>> simple to implement too I guess.
>
> It would be easy to change this, but I'm wondering if there won't be
> many complaints.
>
> Ipe users tend to be quite conservative in their use of the mouse,
> judging from the people who reverted Ipe 7 back to Ipe 6 behavior.
>
> I'd hope to hear some more opinions.
>
> Otfried

As one of those pesky conservative users who reverted Ipe 7 back to Ipe 6
behaviour, I must say I can't really think of a situation where this
change would cause much trouble, while I do think it can be useful to be
able to change the primary selection. As an added benefit, it would also
make it easier to see whether you added the correct object to your
selection when selecting many things in a complex drawing (since bold red
is more visible than thin purple). So, I'm in favour.

Just my opinion...

Maarten