[Ipe-discuss] General information about creating graphics for a thesis (font, layout, ..)?

elwood151 elwood151 at web.de
Thu Apr 28 12:43:57 CEST 2011

I'll have to create a large number of graphics for my Ph. D. thesis and I
want to do create most of them directly with IPE7 or use IPE to modify PDFs
created with other software.

I'm searching for a tutorial or information about the following topics:

* which is the best font size in relation to the font used for the text in
the main document
* which thicknesses of lines are recommended?
* how can I make sure that all IPE documents I use have the same
"preferences"?
   -> I could \input{} an external file for the preamble.
   -> is there a way to use the same options for colors, line widths etc. in
all documents and to be able to change them in one place (for all)

Thanks for any useful hint,
Kind regards

Martin