[Ipe-discuss] Problem with cyrillic letters

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Fri Oct 22 17:44:41 CEST 2010

On 10/22/2010 03:28 AM, a a wrote:

> When I write
> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[english,russian]{babel}
>
> during the work of pdflatex I don't have error messages,
> but after I get
> "Something's wrong with pdflatex" on Ipe 6 and
> "An error occurred during pdflatex run.
> There was an error reading the pdflatex output".

If pdflatex doesn't give an error message, that means that the problem
is the fonts used - they are not scalable (Postscript type1) fonts.

After some googling I think you can use the PsCyr package on MikTex - if
it is setup correctly, it will use Postscript fonts for the cyrillic
letters.

You should then indeed write

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[english,russian]{babel}

in the preamble (and whatever else is necessary for PsCyr).