[Ipe-discuss] Problem with cyrillic letters

a a staskikotx at mail.ru
Thu Oct 21 20:28:25 CEST 2010

Hi, scientists!

Please, help me to make Ipe deal with cyrillic letters.
I use Windows XP and MikTex 2.8.

When I type in the preambule

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

I receive the error message

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:и not set up for use with LaTeX.

When I write
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[english,russian]{babel}

during the work of pdflatex I don't have error messages,
but after I get
"Something's wrong with pdflatex" on Ipe 6 and
"An error occurred during pdflatex run.
There was an error reading the pdflatex output".

In all my russian files I write
\usepackage[cp1251]{inputenc}
\usepackage[english,russian]{babel}
in preambule (because I prefer cp1251)
and latex and pdflatex work properly.

The site
http://tclab.kaist.ac.kr/ipe/pdftex.html
is not accessible from my computer (or is dead?)

I followed the advice of Ipe 6 to update the latex base. It does not help.

The same thing with Ipe 6 and 7.

When I in Ipe 6 write
\usepackage{ttfucs}

I get the error, something like
"unexpected \pagestyle{empty}"

I have put a lot of time for it, and all my ideas are over.

Can anyone help?