[Ipe-discuss] A feature suggestion for IPE / automatic export

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed May 19 17:34:25 CEST 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010 16:51 +0200, "Alexander Wolff"
<alexander.wolff at uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> > Automatic export has been implemented for years already.  In Ipe 7 you
> > enable it by setting preferences in prefs.lua.
>
> i think this is a nice feature, but it would be even nicer if one had
> the choice to also export ipe-editable files.
>
> for example, you may want to keep the xml version of your lecture slides
> in a subversion repository, but hand out editable pdfs to students...

This is such an esoteric use scenario that I doubt it would be worse the
trouble of people losing their figures because they are editing the
wrong version.

If you really need it, edit "model.lua" and take out the "export = true"
in MODEL:auto_export.