[Ipe-discuss] CGAL points generator ipelets in Ipe 7

cristo ccristoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 04:29:19 CET 2010

Hello all,

I'm writing an Ipelet in Lua that uses a set of points (markers) as input. I
sort the points using their x coordinate, which I obtain using the
getPosition() function of each marker object.

My script works fine when I use a set of points created either manually
(i.e. placing the points on the page with the mouse) or by using one of the
CGAL ipelets in ipelets -> Generators -> Points *, but I'm having problems
when I use a set of points with some points created manually and some ones
created by the generators.

Doing some debug I found that the coordinates of the two sets of points
(manually placed and generated) doesn't seem to be referenced to the same
coordinate system, as all the manually placed points have always positive
values and the generated ones have sometimes negative values, and the ranges
of them are different.

¿Does anybody have any idea of why this happens?, ¿Are not all the objects
on a page referenced to the same coordinate system?

Thanks in advance.