[Ipe-discuss] Compile Error ipe 7.0.10 Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at normalesup.org
Sun Feb 21 14:21:55 CET 2010

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Otfried Cheong wrote:

> Ben Rose wrote:
>> It appears that I'm having a problem with the SONAME fix/addition while
>> installing ipe 7.0.10 on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
>
> Doesn't Mac OS use the GNU Linker if they use g++?

On most OS, g++ uses the native linker by default. On solaris you probably
need to replace -soname with -h (although the latest versions of
opensolaris may understand -soname). I never used a mac, but indeed
nothing or -install_name $(IPELIBDIR)/lib$1.so.$(IPEVERS) seem like the
first things to try.

--
Marc Glisse