[Ipe-discuss] feature request for ipe and ipetoipe: checkbox "add view to list of lastviews"

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Sat Dec 4 04:10:31 CET 2010

On 12/03/2010 10:49 PM, Alexander Wolff wrote:
> would it make sense to always have the last view of an ipe page mark
> itself (and unmark its predecessor) by default? in addition, give the
> user the opportunity to overwrite this behaviour by unchecking the
> corresponding check box?

Does one need to suppress entire pages?

One could do the following:  When you create a new view, AND this is the
new last view AND the previous last view was marked THEN the view marks
itself and unmarks the previous last view.

When you delete a view AND this was the last view AND it was marked THEN
the new last view is marked.

But isn't this rather complicated and going to confuse the user?

One alternative:  You can mark both pages and views for printing.   When
a new page is created, it's automatically marked.  New views are not
marked.  ipetoipe -markedviews will export all marked views on marked
pages, or the last view of a marked page if none of its views is marked.

We could have a preview (similar to the page sorter) that shows all
marked pages and their marked views.