[Ipe-discuss] Ipe on Tablet-PCs

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Tue Aug 24 09:47:41 CEST 2010

On 08/23/2010 02:10 AM, Gerhard Mesenich wrote:
> Ipe needs a good eraser function and an Edit-Toolbar and/or a context
> menu to make it usable with Pen-Computers. A configurable toolbar would
> be the best.

Thanks for the input!  Making Ipe usable on tablets was one of the
design aspects when I rewrote Ipe 7 - which explains the freehand mode
and the hooks in the code for the eraser functions - but so far I didn't
get any feedback on that.

One problem is that I do not have a functioning tablet right now, and
the tablet-specific Qt-functions do nothing without a tablet.  But I'll
try to look at it next time I work on Ipe (which is probably not soon,
as the semester is just starting).