[Ipe-discuss] Compilation on Mac OS X 10.6

寺本 幸生 s-teramo at tbu.t-com.ne.jp
Thu Oct 29 12:06:33 CET 2009

On 2009/10/29, at 0:54, Otfried Cheong wrote:
>> Note that you should firstly replace gcc option -shared with -
>> dynamiclib.
>> Please check common.mak file. [FYI] I could partially use ipe 7 on
>> mac
>> 10.5.
>
> Thanks - I would like to fix this in the makefiles, but I know too
> little about Mac OS.
>
> I guess the file extension should also be changed from .so to .dylib ?

Unnecessary. extension .so works.

> How can I recognize Mac OS from the Makefile?

I attached shell script file, according to my modifications.
The main part is to modify "install -t A B" to "install B A",
since mac based on FreeBSD.

However, the script does not resolve completely. For example,
I should set environment variable as follows.
setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH  ~/tmp/ipe7/build/lib

# ~/tmp/ipe7 is the directory that I built ipe.

Please someone gives supplementary comments.
Because I'm not familiar with programming... hmm

regards

  -sachio