[Ipe-discuss] New version for gradients, ...

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Wed Oct 21 10:11:33 CEST 2009

Giuseppe Zamperetti wrote:
> I've seen on Ipe home page a great collection of figures, with gradients, transparency, patterns and so on.
> They are labeled as "New features in Ipe 7".
> But when I tryed to download and visualize them with the program I downloaded from the site (version 7.0.4), it says that they were created by a newer version of Ipe: in fact, examining their code, is seems that the 7.0.5 version of Ipe should be needed.
>
> Where can I download this new version?
>
> (In particular, I'm interested in using gradients and/or patterns...)

Python has a beautiful statement:

  from __future__ import something

Unfortunately the real world doesn't work that way.  The only reliable
form of time travel known to mankind is waiting - it'll reliably bring
you into the future.

The examples with clipping, tiling patterns, and user-defined arrows
work already in Ipe 7.0.4.  You can try them if you replace
version="70005" by version="70000" in the files.

The examples with gradients and transparency will work in Ipe 7.0.5,
available tomorrow or the day after.

Enjoy!