[Ipe-discuss] Problem while saving my drawing in .eps format

Tim Hutt tdhutt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:48:05 CEST 2009

2009/10/15 Nhu Tuan Anh <dkhtanh at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I’m a newbie to Ipe.
>
> I’m trying to draw some figure for my research and need to mark some points.
> So I use Text Label. But if I make those labels visible, I cannot save the
> image in .eps or .pdf format.
>
> It show up a notice board saying there is some error with PdfLatex, and I
> should need to check for the pdflatex logfile for further information.  It
> also mentioned about searching for  Latex macro packages.
>
> I really don’t know how to handle this.

IPE uses Latex to render text (so you can do formulas etc). You need a
copy installed. If you're on windows you can download and install
MikTex (google it). On linux you can install Tex Live.

When that is done you should be able to press CTRL-L in IPE and it
will convert all the text into nice latex fonts.