[Ipe-discuss] Ipe 7 and Mac OS 10.6

Marc Scherfenberg marcscherfenberg at arcor.de
Wed Nov 11 16:45:38 CET 2009

This is strange, now ipe compiles with lua installed by MacPorts with just a simple modification in config.mak, which I also tried before:

it works using
LUA_CFLAGS    ?= $(shell pkg-config --cflags lua)
LUA_LIBS      ?= $(shell pkg-config --libs lua)

instead of
LUA_CFLAGS    ?= $(shell pkg-config --cflags lua5.1)
LUA_LIBS      ?= $(shell pkg-config --libs lua5.1)

If lua is installed manually from the source code, the file lua.pc cannot be find by pkg-config, although it is among the source files. Thus LUA_CFLAGS and LUA_LIBS or the lua.pc file needs to be configured manually then.

The difference in the directory structure is actually quite simple. There is an additional .../share/lua/5.1 and .../lib/lua/5.1 directory in the manual installation, where ... stands for the prefix /usr/local. But I don't think anymore that it causes problems. Probably there was some interference with other issues.

Marc