[Ipe-discuss] Compilation problems in Ubuntu 8.04

Otfried Cheong otfried at ipe.airpost.net
Sun Nov 1 14:21:06 CET 2009

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 22:13 -0700, "Venkataraman Subramaniam"
<s_vraman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The windows zip file of 7.0.7 seems corrupted.

Please, if you have a problem, you need to be much more specific.  Over
a hundred people have downloaded and successfully used this zip file.
Did you follow the installation instructions?

> Also, I have compilation problems in ubuntu-8.04. The problem is related
> to libcairo it seems.

Probably you have an old version of libcairo.  You need at least 1.8.
If you do not wish to upgrade your Ubuntu installation, you need to
compile a new version of libcairo yourself - that is very easy on
Ubuntu.