[Ipe-discuss] Re: Perspective

Gijs van Oort g.vanoort at ewi.utwente.nl
Wed Mar 11 09:19:48 CET 2009

It would be a nice feature to have non-orthogonal grid and
non-orthogonal snapping lines available. That would make it easier to
draw orthographic ('3d' but not perspective; so no vanishing points,
parallel lines in the 3D object will always be parallel in the drawing)
images. I think this is not really hard to implement in IPE, and could
be very useful for quick 3D drawings. But tracing over a 3D picture made
in a real 3D renderer definitely gives better results (although it is
more work).

Gijs