[Ipe-discuss] Snapping problems in Ipe 6.0 preview 30?

Yang Zhang fz15 at cse.msstate.edu
Mon Jul 21 11:07:08 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I am using Ipe 6.0 preview 30 on Ubuntu 8.04 (installed through
apt-get) and on Windows Vista (downloaded the precompiled version).
It seems that there is a problem when the "angular snapping" and the
"automatic angular snapping" are both turned on.  I am not sure if
this is really a problem or it's just that I didn't do things right.
Hope someone on the list will be able to help.

Taken for example, the example 2 from section 6.5 (Examples) in the
Ipe manual that came with the program.  In step 4 of the illustration,
after resetting the axis origin at "q" and the both angular snapping
modes are on, the mouse position, however, does not snap at point "z."
 Instead the mouse position can freely move along the axis defined at
point "q," it just doesn't snap at "z."  In general, it seems that
when the two angular snapping modes are both on, the movement of the
mouse position is not correct according to the specification in the
manual.  I've also tried the version 6.0 preview 23 (downloaded the
precompiled version, and it is the only older version available on the
download page now) on Windows Vista and it seems to behave correctly.

Any suggestions? Thanks,
--Yang