[Ipe-discuss] Source install problem in Ubuntu

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Mon May 14 19:57:45 CEST 2007

I love ipe and use it extensively.  I am having a problem with
Linux/Windows version compatilibity and am therefore trying to install
from source (basically I have a recent version installed in Windows
and my linux distro doesn't have a super recent version so I can't
edit a drawing I created in Windows from my linux box).  I was getting
an error about needing to define IPEPREFIX, so I found where ipe was
installed by my package manager (it appears to be in
/usr/share/ipe/6.0pre26).  So, I exported IPEPREFIX=/usr from the
command line and then tried:

ryan at am2:~/downloads/ipe-6.0pre28/src$ echo $IPEPREFIX
/usr
ryan at am2:~/downloads/ipe-6.0pre28/src$ qmake-qt4
ryan at am2:~/downloads/ipe-6.0pre28/src$ make
cd ipelib && /usr/bin/qmake-qt4 ipelib.pro -unix -o Makefile
/home/ryan/downloads/ipe-6.0pre28/src/ipelib
Project ERROR: You need to specify IPEPREFIX!
make: *** [ipelib/Makefile] Error 2

Am I doing something wrong?  Do I need to define IPEPREFIX in some
other way or to some other value?

Thanks,

Ryan