[Ipe-discuss] can no longer display minus sign

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Sun Apr 29 06:04:15 CEST 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 06:32:00PM +0900, Otfried Cheong wrote:
> Hugh wrote:
> >I have the stock ipe package on Debian stable (etch, of course, since
> >last week) and it does not show this problem. But Debian offers two
> >alternative TeX systems: teTeX and texlive. I am using teTeX, mainly
> >through inertia, so maybe  ipe works better with teTeX than with texlive?

Thanks, Hugh.  I should have mentioned that I was using Debian
"unstable".  I have tried Ipe on an etch system and it works fine with
teTeX -- once I had installed tetex-extra.  Do you have tetex-extra
installed?  The ipe package doesn't depend on it, but it seems like it
should.

> My guess is that tetex still uses pdftex 1.30, while texlive has
> switched to 1.40.  Ipe doesn't support pdftex 1.40, even with the
> patches (which solve one problem, but not all).

Thanks, Otfried, for the confirmation of this.  I can use a debian stable
system in the short term.

-Steve