[Ipe-discuss] ipe features

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 23 16:35:09 CET 2006

Otfried Cheong wrote:
>> * Scale about center. For example, if I have a circle, I wish I could
>> increase its radius without moving the position of its centre.
>

> Try "Set origin" (Snap menu)

I am not sure how this works. I click in Set Origin and nothing happens.
If  I scale the object after clicking in Set Origin, it doesn't scale it
about its center.

>> * While editing the points of an object:
>>
>>   - Horizontal-vertical movement of object-points.
>

> This can already be done using "Set origin", but it's not very
> comfortable.  Should Shift-Middle mouse be used for this restriction?
> Should the edit-path interface be changed entirely (with buttons for
> various modes)?

For me a change of the interface would be ideal. However, I understand
that it is perhaps too radical so Shift-Middle would be really fine.

Cheers,

	Manuel.