[Ipe-discuss] ipe features

Otfried Cheong otfried at kaist.ac.kr
Mon Jan 23 15:40:03 CET 2006

> * More line width options (a numeric factor would be perfect).

Try "Absolute attributes" (Edit menu)

> * More Arrow Shape options.

See bug#82

> * Scale about center. For example, if I have a circle, I wish I could
> increase its radius without moving the position of its centre.

Try "Set origin" (Snap menu)

> * Double-click on object: Edit.

A new suggestion.  Opinions?

> * While editing the points of an object:
>
>   - Horizontal-vertical movement of object-points.

This can already be done using "Set origin", but it's not very
comfortable.  Should Shift-Middle mouse be used for this restriction?
Should the edit-path interface be changed entirely (with buttons for
various modes)?

>   - Left-click should select (in order to be consistent with other modes).

I'm not sure everybody agrees (the standard shortcut for select is
right-click).

>   - Undo/redo.

Bug #75

> * Missing Toolbar buttons:
>  - Send Back
>  - Send Front
>  - Duplicate
>  - Group
>  - Ungroup

Do we want an edit toolbar?  Vote now and win a chocolate penguin!