[Ipe-discuss] ipe features

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 23 15:28:21 CET 2006

Hi ipe users,

The program is really awesome taking into account that it has been
developed almost completely by a single (human? superhuman?) person.

Of course, the most amazing feature for me is the ability to generate
LaTeX labels (if only XFig had this feature...). However, I miss some
features which were very useful in XFig:

* More line width options (a numeric factor would be perfect).

* More Arrow Shape options.

* Scale about center. For example, if I have a circle, I wish I could
increase its radius without moving the position of its centre.

* Double-click on object: Edit.

* While editing the points of an object:

   - Horizontal-vertical movement of object-points.

   - Left-click should select (in order to be consistent with other modes).

   - Undo/redo.

* Missing Toolbar buttons:
  - Send Back
  - Send Front
  - Duplicate
  - Group
  - Ungroup

Unfortunately for me, I lack the knowledge about QT and about the
internals of Ipe (both sum up to zero) to be able to implement those
features myself without any help.

Which of the above features do you think that are easy/hard to implement?

Cheers,

	Manuel.