[ipe-discuss] Use of Ipelet with socket

Truong Huy Nguyen Dinh truonghuy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 10:34:24 CET 2006

Hi Otfried,

I've just written an ipelet to do some drawing in an online manner. The idea
is to let the ipelet open a server socket and wait for connection request
from a client. Once a connection is established, the ipelet will receive
drawing information, such as coordinates of an IpeMark, from the client and
draw on the current page.

I thought this is fairly feasible; however, every time I run the Ipelet,
although it was able to create the socket, accept connection request and
receive data, IPE just hangs thereafter and does not draw anything at all.
The CPU usage was also high when the Ipelet was running.

I wonder if this kind of use is feasible in IPE. Thank you very much for
your help.

Regards,
Huy

--